It's basically a bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich dressed up with a fried egg and drippy egg yolk. Delicious! It's an indulgence for a busy night since it comes together quickly, and it's filling without being too heavy. It's comfort food and brain food at the same time. And if you want to dress it up just a little more, or leave off the egg, try topping it with avocado like in the top photo.
3-4 slices of bacon
2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
2 slices of toasted rustic country loaf (pain de campagne)
1 tbsp of mayo
4 tomato slices
2 leaves of butter lettuce (yes, it's called butter lettuce)
1 teaspoon butter
1. Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels
2. Place slices of cheese on one side of toasted bread. Place in toaster oven or under broiler to melt.
3. Spread mayo on other slice of bread top with bacon, sliced tomato, and lettuce
4. On non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry egg, turning over briefly when the bottom is set (keep yolk runny)
5. Slide finished egg on top of lettuce, top with other slice of bread (cheese-side down genius)
6. Place sandwich on plate and slice in half, letting yolk run down sandwich
Recipe given by The Kitchn