|Whole Wheat Tortellini|
We're using Whole Wheat Three-Cheese Tortellini by Buitoni© and topping it with a semi-homemade sauce in today's recipe. Whole Wheat semolina pasta rings, filled with a blend of fresh creamy ricotta, aged Parmesan and Romano cheeses make this tortellini recipe extra special. Enjoy!
Tomato Basil Tortellini Recipe
1 - 13 oz. package Buitoni© Whole Wheat Three-Cheese Tortellini
1 - 16 oz. jar Classico© Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta Sauce
2 - Tablespoons white wine
1 - 14.5 oz. can Hunt's© Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat alfredo sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Pour wine into the Alfredo sauce jar; cover tightly, and shake well.
- Stir the wine mixture into saucepan.
- Stir in tomatoes and chopped basil...cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or thoroughly heated.
- Toss heated sauce with pasta.
- Top pasta with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Original Recipe: Marguerite Cleveland, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, Southern Living, JULY 2007