|Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Pesto Mayo|
You'll savor the flavor of the Pesto Mayo. These sandwiches offer a classy, yet casual approach to mealtime. Make your own homemade pesto >> Homemade Pesto Recipe or your favorite pre-made brand.
We love French rolls, however these sandwiches are awesome on Ciabatta rolls too.
Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwich
Homemade Pesto or 1 container of your favorite pre-made pesto
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (approx. 2 1/2 pounds)
1 cup light mayonnaise
8 French rolls, split horizontally
8 slices Provolone cheese
1/8 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sandwich garnish: lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion, as desired
- Preheat broiler.
- Cover top of chicken breasts with 3 tablespoons of pesto.
- Place remaining pesto, mayonnaise, salt & pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Cover & keep chilled until ready for use.
- Broil chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat; turn over. Broil for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Build sandwich by spreading bread with pesto mayo; top with chicken and cheese.
- Garnish sandwich with lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced red onion.