Homemade Pesto Made Easy

I recall the first time I tasted pesto...it was a mouthwatering and delicious experience. Back in 1999 I visited my Uncle in Santa Rosa, CA. and he ordered  a pesto pizza for lunch one day. I wasn't too sure about green sauce on a pizza, but once I took my first bite I was hooked.  Pesto has become a regular part of my dining experience and I have my Uncle to thank for that!

This Homemade Pesto recipe is very simple to create and can be easily tossed with your favorite pasta. For best results, use extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  ~ Liz Rhoades





Homemade Pesto Made Easy



Cook your favorite pasta according to package instructions. While it's cooking, make the pesto. (You might want to try adding a dollop of Pesto to minestrone soup or toss it with cooked potatoes).

Ingredients:
2 handfuls of fresh basil
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
1 peeled garlic clove
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Wash and dry your basil leaves.
Once cleaned; combine the basil with pine nuts, garlic clove and olive oil. 
Pulse ingredients in a blender on medium speed until combined.
Mix in grated Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Set aside.

When pasta is done, drain in a colander, saving 1/4 cup of cooking water; return pasta to pot; add pesto and toss with a splash of reserved water. Serve with more grated Parmesan. Serves 2.

(Recipe adapted from Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights Cookbook)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this - I didn't realize it was this easy to make. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am a sucker for anything pesto. I have a pesto recipe as well and ours are very similar. Can;t wait to try yours out. If you like gnocchi then try doing pesto gnocchi! Its the bomb! Love your site and thanks for visiting me today! I am a fan already and a follower! Will certainly be back for more! Xo
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful. The only pesto I have tried was out of a jar and I really wasn't impressed. Couldnt think what all the fuss was about... well time I tried your lovely simple recipe
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete