|Chicken Cordon Bleu in Skillet - SouthernLiving.com|
We used chicken breasts; which were cut into strips for the recipe; however pre-cut chicken tenders would work well too.
Don't have any Canadian bacon on hand? Try sliced ham instead. ~ Marie Rhoades
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Ingredients:1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 pound chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 Canadian bacon slices, cut into thin strips
4 Swiss cheese slices, halved
- In a large Ziplock© bag: combine breadcrumbs, pepper and salt.
- Rinse chicken tenders and add to freezer bag. Seal bag and shake chicken to coat evenly.
- Melt butter and oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat on your stove top.
- Cook chicken 3 1/2 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Arrange Canadian bacon strips over chicken in skillet; top each chicken strip with one slice of cheese.
- Broil chicken in oven. Place pan about 5 1/2 inches from heat for two minutes (or until cheese is melted).