{Crock Pot} Easy Spinach Lasagna

Easy and delicious pretty much sums up today's lasagna recipe. I've been making this for as long as I can remember and have family members ask for it when they come to visit. It is a wonderful way to feed a large group of people too (Super Bowl is coming up!?!)

I prefer to use my larger oval shaped crock pot for this recipe since the noodles fit well in the pot and we have lots of leftovers! If you have a round crock pot then simply break your noodles into small pieces to create the layers. You don't even need to purchase no-boil noodles 
~Marie Rhoades


Easy Spinach Lasagna


Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 large jar Ragu© Spaghetti Sauce (use favorite variety, 1 lb. 10 ounce jar)
1/4 cup water
1 package (8 ounces) lasagna noodles
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb. ricotta cheese
1/2 lb. small curd cottage cheese
1 small (10 oz.) pkg. frozen spinach (thawed & drained)
1/4 cup nonfat milk
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Brown the beef, onion, and garlic in a small amount of oil in a frying pan. Drain off any grease.

Add the spaghetti sauce and water into the browned meat mixture. Mix well (note: you want the sauce to be a bit thin as the noodles will soak up the water during the cooking process).

In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta and cottage cheeses, spinach, milk, and egg. Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.

Spray the sides of the crock pot lightly with Pam© or similar cooking spray.

Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the Crock Pot. Place a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed). Layer about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that. Then repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or until noodles are tender.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, thanks for stopping by my place and following. It is 4am here and already I am ready to cook and eat some of everything I have looked at over here. I love to cook (and eat) so I am a new follower. and I will definately be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May have to try this recipe in my new pan! Looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy blog! Everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! I love lasagna and I will most definitely try this one out! Love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks so yummy! The photo alone makes me hungry. I will definitely try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete