Our Apple Slice Delight recipe was created using Splenda granulated; however feel free to use granulated sugar, natural sugar...whatever works for you. We were very pleased with the sweetness of the finished product by using the Splenda (and we like really sweet desserts!).
We served the dessert while still warm and topped with a small scoop of Vanilla ice cream; however it is very tasty without the ice cream too. ~Marie Rhoades
Apple Slice Delight Recipe
4 large Apples
1 cup granulated Splenda©
2 Tablespoons butter, cubed
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated Splenda©
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 Tbsp. melted butter, unsalted
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Grease deep pie pan. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Peel, core and slice 4 large apples
- Toss apples with Splenda©, Salt, Cinnamon, 2 Tbsp. butter cubes until Splenda© is dissolved and mixture appears juicy.
- Layer apples into pie pan, set aside.
- Mix all batter ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour batter over apples
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.