|Photo: Graham van der Wielen|
Treat yourself and/or family to some delectable hot cocoa on the cold winter's days which lay ahead. ~ Liz Rhoades
Creamy Hot Cocoa
Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Splenda or white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup half-and-half dairy cream
- Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir.
- Simmer and continue stirring for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't burn.
- Stir in milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Divide cocoa between 4 mugs or big cups.
- Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.
- *Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top if you like
Original recipe: AllRecipes.com