Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake & a Bit of Organization

It's hard to believe that it's almost Thanksgiving again...where does the time go? I've been baking up a storm the past few weeks and have not been very good at keeping this blog up to date...please accept my apologies. Since I received my new Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer in Sugar  from CSNStores.com I've been certainly enjoying baking much more - it really does help to have good kitchen equipment to use! Read my review of the Stand Mixer on my other blog>> READ NOW




Besides whipping up some yummy treats I have also been working on organizing my kitchen areas. I've found that by putting my ingredients into clear glass jars with descriptions printed inside the lids that it makes it quicker; which equals easier. My daughter loves to bake and cook when she visits so by having everything easily accessible she will be able to find ingredients without rummaging through the pantry.





Part of my kitchen organization also included removing the doors on the kitchen cabinet which houses our everyday dishes.  I wasn't sure if I would like it or not; however I'm finding that it is much easier to grab plates and bowls with much less effort, so my aching shoulders and arms are much less painful after cooking. When my dream kitchen becomes reality I'll definitely have a few open shelves!








This pumpkin cake recipe is extremely moist and was just as delicious on the fourth day as the first (kept covered in the fridge).  It reminded me of pumpkin bread with frosting - YUM! We ate it up so quickly that I totally forgot to get a picture for you.  If raisins aren't your "thing" then feel free to substitute them with chopped pecans, walnuts, dried cranberries or whatever you wish. How about some Frosted Pumpkin Spice cookies? RECIPE HERE

I wish for Christmas
Thank you to  aloshbennett of Flickr for the pic!


Cinnamon Pumpkin Cake
Recipe by: Marie Rhoades of That Girl Can Cook!©

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup granulated organic sugar (or regular sugar)
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup raisins, walnuts or pecans (use what you prefer)

Directions:
  • Spray Pam© Cooking Spray onto 10 inch Bundt pan or 9" x 13" rectangular glass pan .
  • Sift dry ingredients into a bowl: flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl: Mix together butter, eggs and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the pumpkin. Beat in the flour mixture until creamy. Stir in the raisins (or nuts).
  • Pour cake batter into your prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  • Let cake cool on a wire rack and frost when completely cooled
Sour Creme Frosting Recipe from AllRecipes.com >> VIEW NOW 

Join us at Metamorphosis Monday!!

5 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds so delicious. I am going to have to see if I can find another tin of pumpkin (very hard to find over here!!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Adventures of a Thrifty Mommy today! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to have to try u recipe. I am a newest follower found you on blog hop Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cake which one I really want to like to eat. It sounds great taste. I am impressed with it recipe.

    ReplyDelete