Quick & Easy Quiche

I recently experienced my first quiche at a friend's Bridal Shower and instantly fell in love. I'm not sure why I'd never made one before...or even eaten one; however after creating this recipe last weekend, my husband and I have added this to our "must-eat regularly" selection of meals. We ate the leftovers for brunch several days later and it was just as good cold.


Photography by Lisa Renee


My Easy & Quick Quiche recipe is easy for beginners and very affordable to make. I used both bacon and ham in my recipe (because that's what I had); however you could use all bacon or all ham as well as chicken, crab, shrimp or tofu. It's a great way to use up small amounts of leftover meat or vegetables - whatever you like. I think I may try a turkey and Swiss cheese version in the near future. Traditional quiche has a pastry crust, however since this doesn't,  it reduces the calories and makes it all the more simple.

 

Ingredients

  • 4 slices bacon, cut
  • 4 slices ham, chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
  • 1/2 cup frozen chopped broccoli
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Cut bacon into small pieces with kitchen scissors then cook over medium heat until evenly brown.  Drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
  3. Spray bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan/pie plate with Pam© Cooking Spray
  4. Layer cheese, bacon and ham on bottom of pan. 
  5. Combine eggs, butter, onion, frozen broccoli, salt, flour and milk. Whisk until smooth; pour into pan.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until set. 
  7. Serve hot or cold ~ enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie!

    I had to contact you here.For some reason I can´t get access to FB right now so I would be thankful if you could welcome some new members there.My gmail is kroon125@gmail.com.I have contacted FB and hope to get access as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect timing. . .I am thinking about a good recipe and bingo! It seems delish, looks like a pizza. My mun will love it=)

    ReplyDelete