|Photography by Lisa Renee|
My Easy & Quick Quiche recipe is easy for beginners and very affordable to make. I used both bacon and ham in my recipe (because that's what I had); however you could use all bacon or all ham as well as chicken, crab, shrimp or tofu. It's a great way to use up small amounts of leftover meat or vegetables - whatever you like. I think I may try a turkey and Swiss cheese version in the near future. Traditional quiche has a pastry crust, however since this doesn't, it reduces the calories and makes it all the more simple.
- 4 slices bacon, cut
- 4 slices ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut bacon into small pieces with kitchen scissors then cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Spray bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan/pie plate with Pam© Cooking Spray
- Layer cheese, bacon and ham on bottom of pan.
- Combine eggs, butter, onion, frozen broccoli, salt, flour and milk. Whisk until smooth; pour into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until set.
- Serve hot or cold ~ enjoy!