Low calorie, super easy and inexpensive Watermelon drinks to help cool you during the dog days of Summer! Besides being tasty, Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C, lycopene and beta carotene. If you have extra watermelon, you can freeze it for more slushes in the future.
We love this super-simple Watermelon Slushie during the summer. If you have company coming then just pour into in a pretty glass with lime wedge.
That Girl's Watermelon Slushie
3 cups seedless watermelon
1 tablespoon Splenda (or your favorite sweetener)
12 large ice cubes
1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients into Blender (ice cubes on bottom)
- Pulse until mixture is of a slushy-type consistency
Watermelon Wave Smoothie Recipe
2 cups of cubed watermelon pieces (fresh or frozen)
1 cup of raspberries
2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream
- Add watermelon and raspberries to the blender. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add ice cream. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds or until desired texture.
- Serves 2
Frozen Watermelon Slush
3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 scoops lemon sorbet
1/4 cup pineapple juice, chilled
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine watermelon, strawberries, sorbet, pineapple juice, and lime juice in blender
- Blend until mixture is smooth
- Pour into 4 glasses & serve
Recipe from Good Housekeeping's Blend It!.