What's causing your inflammation?

This is a great article and I hope many people take it to heart.

I suffer from inflammatory disease and can attest to the fact that my pain & inflammation are much worse when I eat refined sugars. I have recently gotten off of them again & am working on converting recipes to healthier alternatives. Sugar is very, very addictive - it took me 3 days of headaches etc. to get it out of my system. As bad as refined sugar is for you HFCS (high fructose corn sugar) is just as bad, perhaps worse for you, and is found in just about every kind of food product. Some food items you might not think contain HFCS are catsup, relish, tomato sauce, many soups, jellies, practically all crackers and cookies and other packaged goods. Read your labels!

Americans are on a bona fide sugar binge. During the past 25 years, the average person’s intake of sugar and other natural sweeteners ballooned from 123 to as many as 160 pounds a year. That breaks down to more than 20 teaspoons of the added white stuff per person per day. And our collective sweet tooth is growing. For the past decade, Americans’ sugar consumption has edged upward at the average rate of nearly 2 percent a year.

Why the sugar obsession? Read full story





No comments:

Post a Comment