Welcome


Welcome to 'That Girl Can Cook' ~ before we get into recipes and cooking tips I'd like to give you a bit of history so that you know where I'm coming from.

I am a women in her forties that is a food addict. Many of you have never heard of being a food addict however it is essentially the same as being an alcoholic, compulsive gambler or drug addict, but my drug of choice is food.  I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, angry or hurt.  Once I start eating junk...I cannot stop.

I have started this blog as an outlet to share the recipes that I have created using healthier ingredients, to share my journey towards living a healthy lifestyle, to let others in the world know that they are not alone.

My main food of choice has, and always will be, sugar. I crave it! I set out a few months ago to cut down calories and fat in sugary items so that I can still satisfy my sweet tooth from time to time and still receive a bit of healthy nourishment. I've read many articles about dieting, vegetarianism, healthy living, etc. and I've learned many things; however I admit that I have a very long journey ahead of me. 

The statements in this blog are mine...I don't expect everyone to agree with me as they are my personal opinions and life experiences. I have chosen to live a simple life where I work for myself, don't eat out, make simple meals in the crockpot or casserole dish...I'm hoping that maybe you will find some great ideas that you can incorporate into your life to make it easier.

We are all in this journey together...it may be a different journey at the moment but it's still a journey.

Welcome again and please feel free to comment or ask questions at the end of each post.

No comments:

Post a Comment