It's Crock Pot Week!


The single most important appliance in my kitchen is my crock pot.  I use it all year long; however during the Holidays it is going almost every single day.

Simply dump the ingredients in the crockpot, go about your daily business, and enjoy a delicious healthy dinner later on. This is crock pot cooking at its best.

This week I'll be sharing a few recipes to help you take advantage of the ease of crock pot cooking. It's easy, cost effective as well as a time saver....what more could you ask for?

If you are a crock pot virgin then take a leap and find out what you've been missing. I'm sure that you can find one at a very reasonable price during the Holidays or check out Value Village© or Goodwill© - I found my last one at a thrift store and it is still working after 3 years and a $5 investment!

Have fun and let me know how your recipes turn out - or better yet, share your recipes with us!

4 comments:

  1. You love your crock pot!

    Roger Ebert, the movie critic, swears that an ordinary rice cooker is a superior device and can be used to cook almost anything the crock can. Here's what he had to say:
    http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2008/11/the_pot_and_how_to_use_it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have one. Now that power is an issue, (we run our own generator and can't afford the hours required for a crock pot) I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, Anna! I don't know what I would do without my crock pot. How do you do most of your cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for good crock pot recipes so thanks for this! I don't use mine often enough and you are right, around holiday time it does make things easier. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete